Speech Therapy Funding for Children with Disabilities
President's Choice Children's Charity
GUIDELINES FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE IN VANCOUVER WITH PRESIDENT'S CHOICE CHILDREN'S CHARITY
President’s Choice® Children’s Charity (PCCC) is dedicated to helping children who are physically or developmentally disabled in Vancouver, Surrey, Richmond and Burnaby, B.C. PCCC aims to remove some of the obstacles that make everyday living extremely difficult and make it easier for the child or family to cope with the disability. Direct financial assistance is provided for speech therapy and more.
Please read the information below to determine whether your child qualifies your funding with PCCC. Application forms for financial assistance with PCCC can be requested by contacting Speech Therapists of Vancouver at: email@example.com
Checklist for Applying for Financial Assistance:
- Complete the Application for Financial Assistance form.
- A letter telling us about your child, the family situation, what the need is and how our funds will help.
- A photocopy of your child’s Canadian birth certificate or permanent residence card.
- Documentation confirming that the household gross income, as shown on line 150 of the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Notice of Assessment, is less than $70,000.
- A copy of your Canada Child Tax Benefit statement.
- A recent (within 2 years) copy of a medical doctor’s diagnosis of your child’s disability. Psychological Assessments do not qualify under these guidelines unless signed by a medical doctor.
- A letter from a third party (i.e. a social agency, therapist, teacher that helps with your child) supporting the request and giving an independent view of the family situation.
- Two estimates from the vendor(s)/service provider(s) on the cost of the items for which financial assistance is being requested. Please specify the hourly rate and amount of hours of therapy/service required on a weekly/monthly basis from the vendor. Please include any other confirmed sources of funding. Granting Policies:
- Funding approval is valid for 6 MONTHS from date of approval. • The Application for Financial Assistance form must be submitted and approved prior to the equipment being ordered, purchased or services/programs received.
- Child must be a citizen or have permanent residency status in Canada.
- Child must be 18 years of age or younger.
- Family’s combined gross household income must be $70,000 or less.
- The family is responsible to order the equipment or schedule the service AFTER receiving our approval letter.
- If an invoice is received and the date of delivery is noted to be prior to our approval, then it does not meet our criteria; funding approval will not be granted and the family will be responsible for the full amount to the vendor.
- The level of funding assistance may vary based on the cost of the item and the availability of funds at the time the request is received.
- The ability to fund all eligible applications received is conditional on the availability of funds. Should there be insufficient funds at the time of the application, a waiting list will be employed.
- Payment is made to the vendor not the family. • Respite workers must be over the age 18 and cannot be a family member.
- Applicants agree that the decisions of PCCC are final and that PCCC accepts no liability in such regard.
- Granting policies may be changed by PCCC at any time without notice. Guidelines for Completing Application for Financial Assistance President’s Choice® Children’s Charity, June 2015 2 Mail your Application with all Requested Information to: For Ontario, Western & Atlantic Canada: For Quebec: President’s Choice Children’s Charity Fondation pour les enfants le Choix du Président 1 President’s Choice Circle 400 Sainte-Croix Avenue Brampton, ON L6Y 5S5 Ville Saint-Laurent, QC H4N 3L4 Be sure to keep a copy for yourself. While President’s Choice® Children’s Charity would like to assist all families in need, regrettably demands are extensive and diverse and we must have criteria limitations on certain requests.
- Please note, currently PCCC DO NOT fund: Diagnosis: Therapies:
- • ADHD
- • Lipid Replacement Therapy
- • Auditory Processing Disorder
- • Hemispheric Integration Therapy
- • Cystic Fibrosis
- • Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- • Developmental Delay
- • Osteopathy & Neuro-Functional Reorganization Therapy
- • Developmental Coordination Disorder
- • Naturopathy/supplements
- • Dyslexia
- • Music Therapy
- • Dyspraxia
- • Epilepsy/Seizure Disorder Equipment:
- • Expressive/Receptive Language Delay
- • Vail Beds
- • Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- • Swimming Pools
- • Learning Disability
- • Hot Tubs
- • Mood Disorders
- • Trampolines
- • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
- • Smart Vest
- • Reactive Attachment Disorder
- • Oxygen Pumps
- • Speech Apraxia/Delay
- • Feeding Pumps
- • Scoliosis
- • Frequencers
- • Stuttering Other:
- • Mileage/Transportation
- • Assessments/Studies
- Please note, this list is always under review and may change without notice. If applying for summer camp, please submit application prior to May 1. Applications for camp must be received and approved before child attends camp.
- If you have any questions or would like a copy of the PCCC funding application form, please do not hesitate to contact Nexus Therapy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Office: 7404 King George Blvd. Suite 200
Surrey, British Columbia, V3W 1N6
tel.: 604 210 6622
Expert Speech Therapy Care
In the Comfort of Your Home